As you know, "The Italian" and I live in a city and we recently had a very early snow storm which caused about 350,000 people in our area to loose power. Many will be without power until this weekend.
One article in particular caught my attention. It is in a local on-line community newspaper. The title "What's Your "War Story" Now That the Storm is Over?". You can read it here. I was absolutely amazed about what the author has learned from this experience and the comments. You have got to be kidding me! You rushed around looking for an open gas station and something for the kids to eat??? McDonalds??
We have learned a lot from this storm!
- We are not nearly as prepared as we need to be
- We are much more prepared then most
- We are sitting down this weekend and making a checklist of some very important items that we need
- We are also going to discuss and re-think a few "things" around here
- We were very lucky that were many open gas stations, restaurants and stores
- We were very lucky that it wasn't really cold out and it wasn't windy