This is a basic Stir Fry that we truly enjoy. The recipe can be adjusted to add any wonderful veggies tht you have on hand and meat if you desire.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch or another thickening agent like flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Veggies of your choice. I used Onions, Carrots, Pak Choi, Peppers & Mushrooms
- Meat of your choice. I used some Flank Steak and left over Chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or skillet over medium high heat. Stir-fry ginger and garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add the Meat and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Remove the meat and add the Veggies and stir-fry for a few more minutes
- Add the soy sauce mixture, bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower heat and simmer until the sauce is thick and smooth and Veggies are about done.
- Add meat back in and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Serve over Rice or maybe Spaghetti Squash