Baby Choi - (2) pkgs.
Blackberries - (1) lg. bag
Celery - (3) full pkgs. (2) partial pkgs.
Chard - (2) pkgs.
Corn - (2) pkgs.
Eggplant - (2) pkgs.
Leeks - (2) pkgs.
Peas, shelled - (5) pkgs.
Peas, purple podded - (4) pkgs.
Peas, snow - (8) pkgs.
Peppers, sweet - (8) pkgs.
Peppers, roasted sweet - (7) pkgs.
Pesto - (4) pkgs.
Strawberries - (2) 1 lb. pkgs.
Zucchini, fried slices - (2) pkgs.
Zucchini, sliced - (2) pkgs.
Scalloped Potatoes - (2) 1 1/2 lb. pkgs.
Zucchini Parm. - (1) 2 lb. pkg.
With what is left in the freezer along with the other stored goods and cold frame crops. I think that we will be good!
Now onto some cooking from the cupboard this week. Sunday, Mark posted a Chicken & Lentil Soup recipe here. Boy, it looked good. So, I decided to make my own version. This is what I came up with.
Chicken & Lentil Soup
- Olive Oil
- 1 Large onion - chopped
- 2 small cloves of garlic - minced
- 1 stalk celery - chopped
- 1 ½ Carrots (the last of the carrots) - chopped
- 1 Pint Tomatoes
- ½ Cup White Wine
- 5 Cups Chicken Stock
- ½ tsp Paprika
- White Pepper
- Bay Leaf
- Chicken - fresh diced or leftover diced
- ½ lb. Lentils - I used these little black lentils that we had
- Chop Celery, Carrots & Onions. Mince garlic
- In a large stockpot, saute onions in oil for a few minutes, add chicken & saute until onions are glossy.
- Add Celery, Carrots, Garlic & Paprika and saute for about 10 more minutes
- Add wine and cook for about 2 minutes
- Stir in tomatoes, chicken stock, lentils, pepper & bay leaf
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for at least 1 hour or until the lentils are tender.
- You may add some salt if desired
- Serve and Enjoy!