Last night I realized that I hadn't taken any pictures of anything for today's post. So, I made another really easy pasta dish for "The Italian". He is one happy Italian this week. We had two of his favorites dishes two nights in a row! I don't think that I have posted this recipe before. If so, here it is again.
- 1 Package of Frozen Peas or 1 Can of Le Sueur Peas
- Olive Oil
- Chopped Onion
- Canned Tomatoes or Tomato Puree (this time I used 1 pint of puree and 1 pint of whole tomatoes)
- Pasta of your choice
- Grating Cheese
- Chop about 1/2 of a medium onion
- Saute the chopped onion in a little olive oil until translucent
- Add puree or tomatoes, bring to a boil then reduce and cook for about 30 minutes or until desired thickness
- When your water is about ready to cook the pasta, add the peas to the sauce
- Serve with grated cheese.........that's it, no other ingredients or seasonings!