The one thing that has been a hit around here lately is homemade ice cream! Ever since the little guys at Spring Garden Acre were here for a visit and showed me how to make a good ice cream. We just have to make it once a week. Thanks to Granny's great & easy recipe. We have made vanilla, strawberry and most recently vanilla ice cream with Heath Bars. Although it's not going in or out of our cupboard....just in our bellies! I want to share this wonderful homemade summer treat with all of you!
Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 2 Cups Whole Milk or 2% Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- Combine sugar, egg yolks and milk in blender. Process until completely blended.
- Pour into saucepan and heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and place waxed paper over the top of the custard to prevent skin from forming.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- The next day, stir in heavy cream and vanilla before adding it to your ice cream machine.
- Follow the ice cream machine's directions to freeze ice cream.