I figured I would post the Green Tomato Salsa recipe since a lot of you have been interested in it. This recipe is from Diana at Voice in The Garden. It's a big hit around here!
Green Tomato Salsa
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 11 lbs. Green Tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Extra Large Sweet Onions, chopped
- 3 Sweet Peppers, chopped
- 4 Jalapeno Peppers, seeds removed, finely chopped (+/- according to personal taste)
- 8 Large Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped (I don't put this in before canning. It can be added, if wanted when served)
- 2 Tbs. Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1/4 Cup Lime Juice
- 1/4 Cup White Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- Add Olive Oil to an extra large pot and heat on medium
- Add Tomatoes, Onions, Peppers and stir
- Add and combine the remainder of the ingredients. Mix well, hear slowly to a simmer and cook uncovered for 35-30 minutes, or until it reaches the consistency you prefer. Stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- Ladle the hot salsa into hot sterilized jars, and fill to within 1/2 inch from top.
- Wipe jar rims with a clean cloth
- Place sterilized lids on jars and adjust the ring.
- Place in boiling water bath and process for 15-20 minutes