All of the mustards are finished and ready to be put in jars! In addition to the mustards posted here, I made a Horseradish Mustard. This mustard was made on 11/21/11. The mustard had aged to a good flavor yesterday. The only problem is that was it was too thick. So I added more vinegar to it. The recipe below is adjusted accordingly.
- 2 oz. Mustard Flour or Dry Mustard (I used Dry Mustard)
- 3 oz. All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tsp. Salt
- 1 oz. White Sugar
- 3 oz. Fresh Grated Horseradish
- 1 Cup Cider Vinegar
- Sift the flour
- Add all of the other ingredients and mix thoroughly for a few minutes
- Cover and let it stand for 1/2 hour, mix again
- Put in a covered glass container and let it age for one week in a cool dark place.
- When it's ready, put in jars and refrigerate