Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Remote Thermometer for the Cold Frame

For the past couple of weeks, "The Italian" has been looking for an economical and reliable wireless remote thermometer for the cold frame. While reading through some blog posts, I saw that Kathy at Skippy's Vegetable Garden had recently purchased one for her cold frame. She was kind enough to give me a link to the one that she had purchased. It arrived last Thursday and I set it up. It's nothing fancy, but it is definitely making monitoring the cold frame a lot easier!

The picture on the left is the inside monitor and the picture on the right is the remote thermometer. Up to three remote thermometers can be monitored from the one unit. It cost about $25. which included both units.

7 comments:

  1. I am sure you will get a good use of it.
    I was thinking of getting one, but as I am there only on weekends, there is no real need for it.
    Do let us know your findings regarding temperature difference during day and night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tool to have! I love the wireless part of it, AND the part where you don't have to go out in the cold to read a "stick" type thermometer!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're pretty handy and you'll soon appreciate having this. We have them for our greenhouse and it sure does save time (and plants when an uh-oh happens like a stat breaks!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave up on thermometers. I now have two temperatures in my garden, and that's it. It's either "bloody freezing" or "not bloody freezing".

    ReplyDelete
  5. That us a very good thing to have. In February, when I usually starts up a warmframe, it is very handy to have one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an excellent thermometer! We have one from Eddie Bauer that we received as a gift some time ago. It's nothing special but it works great.

    BTW, I received your seeds! Thank you so much! I can't wait to plant them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have the link for that remote thermometer?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!